Author Topic: /NL -> Return an errorcode instead of a message?  (Read 6286 times)

pboivin

• View Profile
/NL -> Return an errorcode instead of a message?
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:36:23 AM »
Hi

Is it possible to change the /E /NL command line option (/NL do not display the error log after batch processing) to not display an error message?  I have done a Clarion app that dynamically generate a BA Project, copy the appropriate LIBSRC and TEMPLATE for the selected software, then launch BA to do everything I want.  BUT if there is an error, BA stop with a message saying it will stop.  If it could just return an error code (Clarion HALT(1)) it would be perfect.

BTW: I'm using V1.6 Beta 3

Thanks

Arnor Baldvinsson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: /NL -> Return an errorcode instead of a message?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 11:37:42 AM »
Hi Pascal,

Is it possible to change the /E /NL command line option (/NL do not display the error log after batch processing) to not display an error message?  I have done a Clarion app that dynamically generate a BA Project, copy the appropriate LIBSRC and TEMPLATE for the selected software, then launch BA to do everything I want.  BUT if there is an error, BA stop with a message saying it will stop.  If it could just return an error code (Clarion HALT(1)) it would be perfect.

You should only get an error message if you have the "Stop on error" checked.  Have you tested this with 1.6 Beta 3 or later?  I made some changes to how this works in Beta 3. 

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC

pboivin

• View Profile
Re: /NL -> Return an errorcode instead of a message?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:05:36 PM »
Ah, you got it!

<messageonerror>0</messageonerror>

Thanks