Author Topic: File Actions - Get Version Information  (Read 10937 times)

wtmullican

• View Profile
    • Email
File Actions - Get Version Information
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:14:28 AM »
How does the File Actions - Get Version Information work?  When I double click on the action I get the follow message:

ERROR: Vendor Action doesn't exist
The Vendor Action for this action does not exist.

Thanks,

Terry Mullican
Tire Power Project Leader
Tire Company Solutions, LLC
www.tcstirepower.com

Arnor Baldvinsson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: File Actions - Get Version Information
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:55:47 AM »
Hi Terry,

How does the File Actions - Get Version Information work?  When I double click on the action I get the follow message:

ERROR: Vendor Action doesn't exist
The Vendor Action for this action does not exist.

Thanks for asking - I'm afraid this action is not done yet.  Unfortunately I had left some unfinished actions in there:(  It is very close to the top of the list of new actions for the next release. 

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC

wtmullican

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 01:26:18 PM »
No problem, I just got excited when we seen it.  I want to use it for pushing out testing versions.  Will there be anyway to use the Create Folder with File Version to create a folder like: "Product 7.14.1.1297" ?

If so...waaahooo!

Also, PLEASE remember...there are 2 version on a file...file version and product version.  It would be nice to be able to access both...

PS Andy said you could handle getting this done!  ;D

Thanks,

Terry Mullican
Tire Power Project Leader
Tire Company Solutions, LLC
www.tcstirepower.com
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 02:25:51 PM by wtmullican »

Arnor Baldvinsson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »
Hi Terry,

No problem, I just got excited when we seen it.  I want to use it for pushing out testing versions.  Will there be anyway to use the Create Folder with File Version to create a folder like: "Product 7.14.1.1297" ?

Sorry for the late reply - apparently my notification email for this message got eaten by the spam filter or something!

You can use the "Create Folders" to create any kind of folders, BUT:  I found out recently that the api I'm using does NOT allow using periods in version names.  I changed my script to use underscore which works fine.

Also, PLEASE remember...there are 2 version on a file...file version and product version.  It would be nice to be able to access both...

Yes indeed;)  It will be able to pick up any version label from the resource, either by picking one of the standard ones, or by entering the label name.  For example I have a template in my Utilities that can add the compile date/time to the version resources and in that case you would need to enter the label since it's not a standard version label. 

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC