Author Topic: Can we remove the focus on the build automator during execution?  (Read 12469 times)

jobou

• View Profile
When I build my build automator projet of 20 Clarion apps, the process is 10 minutes long and I don't want to wait and see the proccess. I just want to see the result.

If I go on another screen during the compilation, Build automator refocus on the build automator project when compiling.

It could be very usefull to execute the build automator in background without focusing on the process.

I just want to be able to do other things during compilation. It could be ok to focus on the program when the compilation finished.

I don't know if it possible to put the application in the icon task bar or something that give me the oportunity to work.

jonatan

Arnor Baldvinsson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can we remove the focus on the build automator during execution?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »
Hi Jonatan,

It could be very usefull to execute the build automator in background without focusing on the process.

I just want to be able to do other things during compilation. It could be ok to focus on the program when the compilation finished.

I don't know if it possible to put the application in the icon task bar or something that give me the oportunity to work.

I'll see what I can do about it:)  Actually it is the other programs that grab focus and when they drop it, the BA comes into focus as it moves on.  What I could do is have an option to minimize the BA into the tray during execution so that it would not be popping up, but the programs it calls will steal focus.  Clarion does that quite a bit.  Also if you are compling SetupBuilder projects and you are codesigning, then the codesigning window pops up and gains focus and if you are not careful you will be typing into the password field there and messing up your install - done that myself a few  times<bg>  What I could try is to run the programs minimized and see if that helped:)

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC

jobou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 09:51:28 AM »
tanks a lot for the help.

It could be very usefull to have it in system tray.

jonatan

Arnor Baldvinsson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 10:33:02 AM »
Hi Jonatan,

It could be very usefull to have it in system tray.

Agreed.  I will add that as an option for the September release:)  If you have any more ideas, please keep them coming:)

Best regards,

vsorensen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 11:49:22 AM »
It takes up some hard drive space, but moving to a virtual PC for each project has allowed me to work around Clarion 6's focus issues.

Arnor Baldvinsson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 02:01:59 AM »
Hi all,

I have implemented an option to minimize the program to the system tray while it is executing.  While it takes care of issues with the Build Automator itself, it does not do so with programs being called, but I will implement this so that those will start up minimized when the tray option is used in the Build Automator.  However, some programs being called may still grab focus or they may shell out to other programs that are not started minimized so this issue may never be fully resolved.  I hope this will make it easier to live with though:)

Best regards,