Author Topic: How i can stop the build when there is an error ?  (Read 4753 times)

jobou

• View Profile
How i can stop the build when there is an error ?
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:08:38 AM »
I don't have the last release rigth now.

If there is an compilation error for one app, i don't want to continue and compile all the other apps in the project. It must stop and show the log file.

I have try the option "stop with message on fatal error" but it doesn't work how I thought.

I want to stop the build in the following case : app not found, path not valid, clarion syntax error, clarion compilation error, and probably other cases not seen now.

Time         Status      Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09:59:56.000 Debug       E_Compile_Multiple_Clarion_Applications Starts
09:59:58.766 INFO        Compiling 25 Clarion apps.
10:00:00.922 INFO        Compile Started:  C:\ATMS-Projects\trunk\ChronoSteril.Clarion\glochro.app
10:01:08.795 INFO        Compile Finished: C:\ATMS-Projects\trunk\ChronoSteril.Clarion\glochro.app
10:01:09.279 INFO        Compile Started:  C:\ATMS-Projects\trunk\ChronoSteril.Clarion\menuchro.app
10:01:14.795 INFO        Compile Finished: C:\ATMS-Projects\trunk\ChronoSteril.Clarion\menuchro.app
10:01:15.060 INFO        Compile Started: \ATMS-Projects\trunk\ChronoSteril.Clarion\atmsErrorManager.app
10:01:15.795 ERROR       Compile failed: MS-Projects\trunk\ChronoSteril.Clarion\atmsErrorManager.app
10:01:16.013 INFO        Compile Started:  C:\ATMS-Projects\trunk\ChronoSteril.Clarion\chacces.app
10:01:16.795 ERROR       Compile failed: C:\ATMS-Projects\trunk\ChronoSteril.Clarion\chacces.app
10:01:17.295 INFO        Compile Started:  C:\ATMS-Projects\trunk\ChronoSteril.Clarion\chrono.app

Arnor Baldvinsson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How i can stop the build when there is an error ?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 09:15:42 AM »
Hi,

If there is an compilation error for one app, i don't want to continue and compile all the other apps in the project. It must stop and show the log file.

I have try the option "stop with message on fatal error" but it doesn't work how I thought.

Hmm...  I think there may be  a bug in the "Stop with ..." option. 

Right now the execution process runs in a pretty tight loop so it's not so easy to break into it.  I will be changing this, probably for next release (September) so that clicking on the "Cancel" button on the execution progress window will terminate the execution immediately (or as immediately as it can be since it may still be waiting for another process to finish). 

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC