Author Topic: Error during compilation of multiple Clarion 6.3 apps  (Read 10906 times)

jobou

• View Profile
Error during compilation of multiple Clarion 6.3 apps
« on: July 29, 2008, 11:07:22 AM »
Why the error status is put to the line of the app after the one that produce the error?

In my example, the app that produce an error is :
C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\atmsErrorManager.app

The error status is shown on :
11:58:40.600 ERROR       Compile failed: C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\chrono.app

================================================================================
Log for project:         C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\BuildAutomatorFiles\BuildAllChronoAppsGestion.aprj
Project Name:            BuildAllChronoAppsGestion
Started on:              2008-07-29 11:58:34
================================================================================

Time         Status      Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11:58:34.927 Debug       E_Compile_Multiple_Clarion_Applications Starts
11:58:35.584 INFO        Compiling 2 Clarion apps.
11:58:35.646 INFO        Compile Started:  C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\atmsErrorManager.app
11:58:39.599 INFO        Compile Finished: C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\atmsErrorManager.app
11:58:39.631 INFO        Compile Started:  C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\chrono.app
11:58:40.600 ERROR       Compile failed: C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\chrono.app
11:58:40.615 INFO        Compliling complete for 2 apps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Execution ended on:      2008-07-29 11:58:40
Execution took:          6.070 seconds to execute the script.

Arnor Baldvinsson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Error during compilation of multiple Clarion 6.3 apps
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 11:17:51 AM »
Hi,

Why the error status is put to the line of the app after the one that produce the error?

11:58:35.646 INFO        Compile Started:  C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\atmsErrorManager.app
11:58:39.599 INFO        Compile Finished: C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\atmsErrorManager.app
11:58:39.631 INFO        Compile Started:  C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\chrono.app

Because there is an INFO line added when the compile starts and another when it finishes.  In the log above you see:

11:58:40.600 ERROR      Compile failed: C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\chrono.app

The compile is started and then what looks like a second later it fails, so that error is logged.  By logging both the start and finish you can see if an app takes an extraordinarily long, or short, to compile which may indicate that there is a problem either in the compile process or in the application. 

Hope this helps:)

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC

jobou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 11:54:15 AM »
The problem is that the compiler error append during atmserrormanger.app compilation and not in chono.app compilation.

I know wich app have an error because i had force an syntax error in atmserrormanger.app and not in chrono.app.

The logger should write :

11:58:40.600 ERROR       Compile failed: C:\ATMS-Projects\ChronoSteril\Trunk\atmserrormanager.app

Arnor Baldvinsson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:14:36 PM »
Hi,

The problem is that the compiler error append during atmserrormanger.app compilation and not in chono.app compilation.

I know wich app have an error because i had force an syntax error in atmserrormanger.app and not in chrono.app.

Oops, sorry, missed that.  I found a place where this could happen and have fixed it - if an app failed it would erroneously be reported succeeding and then the next app would fail.  Compiling Clarion apps is fairly messy because of the way we have to communicate with the Clarion compiler.  I will test this fix tomorrow morning and let you know:)  We are releasing a new version of the Build Automator on Thursday/Friday.

Hope this helps:)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 03:01:52 PM »
Hi Jonathan,

Oops, sorry, missed that.  I found a place where this could happen and have fixed it - if an app failed it would erroneously be reported succeeding and then the next app would fail.

Found, fixed and tested:) 

Best regards,